World Wonder Ring Stardom has announced preparations for their final show of 2022, Stardom Dream Queendom II. One of the most anticipated 2022 World title matches will take place at Ryogoku Kokugikan Arena on December 29, 2022. The event is already set to make history, ending the year with a bang. Nine matches have been announced for the card, and all four primary championships are at stake.
As of December 15, 2022, the card is as follows:
● Tag Team Match: Unagi Sayaka & Mina Shirakawa (Cosmic Angels) vs Mai Sakurai & Thekla (Donna del Mondo) — This will be Shirakawa’s first match since suffering an injury during a match against Saya Kamitani for the Wonder of Stardom Championship last November. She and old stablemate Unagi Sayaka appeared at the show’s press conference with bandaged faces, ready to compete.
● Six-Woman Tag Match: Mayu Iwatani, Mono Khgo & Hanan vs Hazuki, Koguma, & Sata Iida— The next match splits the immensely talented STARS faction in two for a six- woman bout.
● Three-Way Tag Team Match: The New Eras (Mirai & Ami Sourei) vs MaiHime (Maika & Himeka) vs BMI2000 (Natsuko Tora & Ruaka) — The stakes are high for all parties involved in what is setting up to be an intense, physical three-way battle. Whoever wins will be named next contenders for Goddesses of Stardom Championships.
● Singles Match: Utami Hayashishita vs KAIRI-The newly crowned IWGP Women’s Champion must face Hayashishita in a non-title match before NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom in January. However, this doesn’t mean the stakes aren’t high— after all, the loser has to completely strip themselves of their character. This means that gear, video, music, and crowd interaction will be removed from their entrance.
● High Speed Champion Match: AZM vs Hikari Shimizu — AZM has made no small name for herself at a young age, having previously won the High Speed title in 2020 as well as the Artist of Stardom Championship several other times. Now she faces freelancer Hikari Shimizu, a charismatic, skilled technical wrestler who wants to be a star.
● Artist of Stardom Championship Match: Starlight Kid, Momo Watanabe & Saki Kashima (Oedo Tai) vs Risa Sera, Suzu Suzuki & Hiragi Kumi (Prominence) — The arrival of Prominence proved a massive force within Stardom over the past year, and all of their work will accumulate at Dream Queendom as they face Oedo Tai for their Artist of Stardom Championships. Due to its hardcore reputation, Prominence is favored to win the belts, but only time will tell.
● Goddesses of Stardom Champion Match: meltear (Tam Nakano & Natsupoi) vs 7Upp (Nanae Takahashi & Yuu) — The Goddesses Tag League winners now have their title opportunity in their sights but face the adorably menacing team of Nakano and Natsupoi, who have time and time again proven themselves to pack a sweet punch to any challengers.
● Wonder of Stardom Championship Match: Saya Kamitani vs Haruka Umesaki — Two considerably younger wrestlers will go head-to-head for the “White Belt.” Kamitani has defeated KAIRI, Himeka, and Starlight Kid and hopes to add Umesaki to her list of “future” pro wrestlers.
● World of Stardom Championship Match: Syuri vs Giulia — Dream Queendom’s main event is, needless to say, a match a year in the making. Since in-faction tension split World Champion Syuri from Giulia’s Donna del Mondo into God’s Eye, they’ve been at odds. The match is likely to be a war after Giulia returned to the top and won the 5-Star Grand Prix and fought the champ at the NJPW Historic X-Over.
Mercedes Varnado (Sasha Banks in WWE) may also appear at Stardom’s final show of 2022 due to rumors that she will be at Wrestle Kingdom next month. As sibling promotions, NJPW and Stardom focus on Joshi and men, respectively. Regardless, Stardom Dream Queendom II will be available to stream on Stardom World on December 29.